May 23, 2003

Ahhhh, Yes, the dawning of a new day. Endless opportunity and a boundless bounty of beauty greet the newly arisen. Perhaps this day will seem smoother, more peanut buttery than the cottage cheese of yesterday. I'm becoming a real fan of smog. It makes for utterly incredible sunrises and sunsets. The hydro-carbonically altered disk of the sun was a glowing medallion of rosy fire this morning. It drew the mass of steel, rubber and plastic inexcorably along I-20. Occasional red & blue strobes would stem the flow to a lawful trickle for hundreds of yards at a time, but the sacrifices from the herd simply meant fewer predators and the stampede quickly resumed. One can only imagine the mayhem that this "holiday" weekend will create as the day wears on. All this hurry and after all, we know how it all turns out don't we. We rush past the now, what is actually the only reality, for the emphemeral tommorow that can melt away with an unforessen swerve or a moment of inattention. Since the only outcome we can reasonably anticipate at the end of our days is death, then why not slow down a little, tarry in the moment, and so, "I really must go, I'm late, I'm late For a very important date. No time to say 'Hello,' 'Goodbye,' I'm late, I'm late, I'm late."

No comments: